The Smt. Kamla Raheja Rehabilitation Centre for Paraplegics and the Kamla Raheja Home for Senior Citizens are noted for their international standards and barrier-free environment. The centres are also equipped with modern infrastructural facilities, to provide safe, hygienic and qualitative care for residents.
Smt. Kamla Raheja Rehabilitation Centre for Paraplegics
The centre can accommodate 40 individuals at a time and offers:
- Four spacious well-ventilated wards
- Separate Physiotherapy ward
- Separate Vocational Training ward
- Spacious dining hall
- Spacious kitchen
- Hygienic, wheelchair-accessible washrooms for men and women
- Manually-operated Fowler’s bed
- Orthopaedic foam mattresses to prevent pressure sores
- Bedside lockers and cupboards to store patients’ belongings
- Fully operational diesel generator back-up in times of power failures
- Flat-screen LED TVs in the dining hall and ladies ward.
Special consideration is given to the safety of residents. Fire-fighting equipment is periodically updated and emergency evacuation training is given to the staff.
The Kamla Raheja Home for Senior Citizens
The facility comprises a modern five-storied building, which is equipped with two elevators and well-furnished accommodation. It houses 60 senior citizens in single and double rooms, and suites.
- Eight suites that have a hall, bedroom, attached bath and WC, appliances such as a television and refrigerator, and comfortable furniture that includes a sofa set with a central table, and writing table and chair.
- Forty-eight rooms that come with an attached bath, WC and inbuilt cupboard. Every four rooms share a lobby with a television, refrigerator and a sofa set.
- Separate furnished guest room.
- Intercom facility with 0 dial system in every room.
- Two separate halls for senior citizens to celebrate birthday parties and to host bi-monthly entertainment programmes.
- A flat 55-inch screen LED TV in the common hall.
- A well-stocked library with thousands of books. Residents also receive daily newspapers in common languages.
- A large garden with pathways for residents to enjoy nature.
- A professional security agency.
- An emphasis on safety with a high quality fire-fighting system that is periodically updated. The staff is trained in managing emergency evacuations.
- Power failures are managed with fully operational diesel generator back-up.
- The centre employs a professional housekeeping agency for routine cleaning.